Saturday, April 11, 2009

Change is Constant


I am ending a period of my life and starting a completely new one.  I just finished my last semester at BYU Idaho before my mission.  I sadly had to say goodbye to many friends that I don't know if I will ever see again.  Many of them will be married, moved and graduated  by the time I come back.  I dreaded the day I had to say goodbye, but I was so surprised at the peace that I felt.  The Lord really blessed to feel peace that what I am doing is right.  I receive these little confirmations every once in a while that makes it all worth it.  One thing I have realized while having a mission call is that Satan really does not want me to go on a mission and bring others to our gospel family.  
My life hasn't been full of much change.  So this definitely will be trying and different.  But I am so stoked!  I cannot wait to wear the missionary badge and be called Hermana Kjar.  
I have been blessed with the best friends and roommates at college.  I will miss them so so much but the memories will always be treasured.  Thanks to everyone who has made my college experience so enjoyable.  I will not miss the homework, but I will miss the adventures and wonderful people that I rub shoulders with.  One thing I have learned is that Change is the only constant thing in life.  

1 comment:

Rach said...

Sharla, congrats on the mission! You will be wonderful and I'm sure that everyone will love Hermana Kjar!!!