Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I hope they call me on a mission!!


Well sorry I haven't posted for a long time.  But I have some exciting news in my busy life!  The very end of January I went home to open my mission call.  I have been called to serve in the Argentina Bahia Blanca mission, speaking Spanish.  I report to the MTC April 29th and I couldn't be happier.  Everything has just worked out perfectly and I couldn't be happier with my call.  I have always had a love for Spanish and now I feel so humbled to serve the people of Argentina.  I know it will be tough.  In my favorite hymn, I'll go where you want me to go, it says: 
It may not be on a mountain height or over the stormy seas
It may not be on the battles front my Lord will have need of me
BUT if my a still small voice he calls to paths that I do not know
I'll answer dear Lord with my hand in thine
I'll go where you want me to go

It is kind of intimidating sometimes to be sent away to somewhere you have never been and you know you don't know anyone there.  The people don't understand what you have to offer and they don't even speak the same language.  But I need to go,  want to go, and he calls by a still small voice to paths I do not know.  So my job is to answer to his call with my hand in his and he will direct my paths and always be there with me.  

1 comment:

cache and lindsey said...

SHARLA! CONGRATS! I LOVE YOU SO SO SO MUCH!! MISS YOU!!

love lindsey [st jeor] walker

my blog is private, so if you want to be added email me clwalkers@gmail.com