Tuesday, June 28, 2011

. . And was baptized by Immersion, in the River Jordan's Flow


I'm sorry, I don't know why these pictures flipped.

The Jordan River is the border between Israel and Jordan. So while we were sitting on one side of the river in Jordan, we looked over the other side and saw people sitting in Israel. You can see the Israeli flag flying in the background.

One of my favorite parts of the whole Jordan trip was the Jordan River - where Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist. It just amazes me how perfectly law-abiding Jesus was. He was so perfect, but knew he had to be baptized to abide by the laws. He was perfectly obedient in every way. That is such a great lesson for us all. Even when we don't understand the importance of certain commandments, we must follow the example of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and be perfectly obedient.
It was amazing to be in that very river where Christ was baptized. What an amazing event, to have Christ there being baptized by John the baptist who Jesus said was one of the best prophets ever. Baptism is such an important step, it took me back to my baptism. I am so grateful for the decision I made to enter into covenants with him and enjoy the blessings of the gospel.

1 comment:

Haley said...

That must have been surreal to be there at the River Jordan and even walk in its waters...what an experience!! I loved reading your testimony of Christ and his obedience...and how we should strive to be obedient like Him. What a blessing baptism is! And to be able to start fresh again every week when we take the sacrament...the gospel is amazing :)

and shar thanks for your sweet comments on my post about Lake Powell :) We would have LOVED to have you there!!! It was awesome talking to you on the phone on our drive down! love and miss you lots sis!