Friday, May 29, 2009

MTC Hump Day

Querido Familia,

Te amo mucho! Today is officially my Hump day, I have been out for 1 month and only have one more month left! This week has been another busy one. We got rid of a district from our zone that we were really close to. They were so fun and hilarious. One of them, Elder Maxwell, has this one hair that grows randomly out of his forehead. He decided to grow it out in the MTC. They plucked this 4 in long hair the last day they were here, oh how funny! They presented this hair to me so I could make a bookmark with it. It will send pictures when the bookmark project is executed:) We recieved 8 new Elders this week in our Zone that are going to Mexico. All of them are pretty shy but we will get them to come out.

My district is actually doing really well. It is hard sometimes to see the growth when you are with them all day. But I look back and see how far we have come, it is a miracle. Elder Gerardi left last Friday, it has been a good thing for our district though. It was the right thing for him to do. So we have a threesome of elders now, only 9 in our district. I am so close to them. They are all so adorable to me and I love their little 19 year old quirks. Last night we were playing some music in our classroom and interpretive dancing. Oh I laughed so hard, Hermana Morley had some amazing modern moves while rolling around on the ground. I feel like I can totally be myself. I am going to miss the four that don't go to my mission.

We had a meeting with the Consol from Argentina yesterday. He has to meet us all before he signs our visas, so he flew in to have this meeting with us. I absolutely loved his accent and he answered a lot of questions we had about Argentina. One of the things that I liked he said was "There is a law, but it is very blurry. In America stopping at a stop light is mandatory. In Argentina it is just a suggestion." Ha ha, I am excited also for buses that don't stop, I can't wait to chase after this buses and hop in, all while being in a skirt! He also described how people are going to be very curious of why we Americans are in Argentina learning their language. That is what we want right? It made me really excited to fly away to Argentina.So this week Hermana Morley and I have been 2 days so far where we didn't speak hardly any English the whole day. It is so fun and we find it really humorous sometimes. I really love the Spanish language.

Crazy Random Story: This morning we did a sesssion at the temple. I walk into the waiting room chapel and guess who is sitting in the row in front of me? BRETT IPSON!! It was so surprising and crazy. He was with his brother Matt and his roommate. We couldn't really talk until after the session in the Celestial room, but it was good to see him. I promise we didn't plan anything and I hope he doesn't come every week because that would be a distraction. He was crying a little bit when I was talking to him about the impact of the mission and how it shapes us. I love talking to him about those kinds of things. But we had a good chat and he told me he would give you all a big hug for me!

This week we also taught the most amazing lesson to our investigator. The last 2 weeks in the TRC, where volunteers come to pretend to be investigators, we taught the same girl, her name is Merilyn. She is our age and is from Peru but speaks really good English. She has been thinking about a mission and so this week we decided to prepare a lesson for her and not a pretend person. She was surprised when we told her this but the lesson was killer. She was so touched and we had been prompted to prepare exactly what she needed. This last week she was praying and fasting for an answer. Through our lesson we helped her decide to go by sharing our experiences of how we decided to go. We were all crying and it is so good to have a real investigator for once. This is what this work is all about! If I had that much joy for helping her make that decision, I can't even imagine the joy of a baptism! I absolutely love the work of the Lord, I am trying so hard but sometimes I feel it isn't enough. I love the Lords university!

Mom and Dad, thank you so much for your letters of advice, it really helps. I will take anything I can get. How is the cabin, garage, financial situation, and ward? I would love to hear about it all. I will say that I am not jeleous I wasn't there to clean the blessed garage. But I think about you often. How is Katie? Mom I can't wait to get my package, you are the best. I did my cookie package, there was so many but again, my zone and district loved them.

THanks a million.
Hermana Kjar

No comments: