Saturday, May 14, 2011

My Birthday in Jerusalem

This is David and his harp. Mom and Dad, can I get a harp like that for my birthday?


Who can say that they celebrated their birthday in Jerusalem? I CAN!! It was such a good day, really chill, and filled with emails and letters from those I love. The day was pretty normal except everyone in the center knew it was my birthday, so I don't think I have ever heard that many birthday wishes in one day. All 80 of them made sure to wish me happy birthday at least 7 1/2 times each. haha, that is a bit of an exaggeration. But really, way to many times!!
After lunch I went out with a couple friends, Scott and Jason, and we explored the city. We found some awesome places and our favorite was the dormition abbey. A huge christian church, but downstairs is a round stone room. People came down to sing and pay their respects to Mary, the sound was incredible and we loved sitting and listening to the beautiful sounds.
We also went to 2 places where they claim the last supper took place, that was really interesting.
And before dinner we grabbed a few of the delicious Israeli pastries that remind me so much of Argentina. It was so Fun!!
The students wrote me notes and taped them on my door and my young women also made me a big poster. I also received a few gifts from other students. It was such a fun day!! I can't believe I am another year older. Doesn't 23 sound old to you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so glad you had a great celebration!