Monday, October 26, 2009

Blessings

September 21, 2009

The Church is true and the book is blue. I love this church with all my heart and I love seeing peoples lives change. This week we were able to baptize Hector. Hector is 67 and stopped smoking, drinking, and lost a lot of weight. He looks so good and now he wears a shirt and tie to church. The change in his countenance alone is amazing. The baptism on Saturday was really good and Hna Lopez and I sang a song together. The talks were really good and hector loved it. Yesterday in our Sunday school class he bore his testimony of the change he feels. Yesterday he was also confirmed and he was so ready and excited. He will be a firm member and we need all we can get here. Jessica finally got confirmed!!!! She is doing so well now because we had a lesson with her and my companion laid down the line!! She told her that riches is not what her children need. If they live in a shack eating polenta everyday but have the gospel and are a happy family, that is better than having all the riches of the world. So Jessica kicked Antonio out of the house for good and was confirmed, she also brought all of her children to church.

Yesterday was the farewell of Hna Lopez, she has been in pompeya for 4 months and has changed this ward. There was many tears with all of the members and we both gave talks in church and sang. She has done wonders in this ward and I hope I can continue her legacy with my new companion.

I got so lucky. The companion that Hna Lopez was hoping that I would get -- I got!!! Her name is Hermana Fierro and she is from Chile. She is really happy and a little harder to understand because of her accent. But she works like Hna Lopez and is obedient so I couldn´t ask for more. I need more practice with my Spanish also. It was a little hard to say goodbye to my madre- hna Lopez but she is going to open a new area with a mini missionary. Today we played ultimate frisbee on the beach with the Elders and my companion actually likes sports and running and eating healthy so it will be great!! I feel so blessed to have had the best sisters in the mission especially in the begginning because it will help me set my standard and learn to work hard.
One thing I have realized that many people come and go and things are always changing in the mission, which is really different for me because I have lived in Centerville all my life and lived in college with my best friend. But the mission is a growing experience because the only person that is always with my is the Lord. He is my companion always and this relationship that is growing between me and the Lord is going to bless me for the rest of my life no matter what happens.

How is Grandma Smoot? Danner good luck with your baptism this week, please write me and tell me all about it.

I am so freakin jeleous that you are going to Palmyra, that has been my dream for a while. Dad will you take me there after my mission? I also would like to return home and then come back to my mission together. So let me know what you think.

Love you more,
Hermana Kjar

No comments: